Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
In honor of the long, slow slide into summer....a song per day. Choosing a song of the day that goes with that day specifically will be a bit of a task, but here is the first. "Inner City Blues" has always been one of my favorite songs, and really does make me think of Philadelphia as a whole, not just the neighborhood in which I teach.
5 Things That I am Grateful for - 12.04.12
1. "What did you think was interesting or surprising about the Cosmic Survey we did on Tuesday?" "That space is really, really big."
2. Watching the students read through their Astrology for Kids (just for fun) information about their zodiac sign with such excitement...they just loved reading in those moments, sharing their personal attributes and thinking about how they applied to themselves.
3. Forgiveness and not taking things personally that, at the beginning of the year, I was unable to not take personally.
4. Finishing the science equipment list for the new school....finally!
5. Teaching students how to find the pole star, and teaching them things they have never learned or thought about before!
I love teaching astronomy.....