Sunday, April 8, 2012

End of the Year



The same thing always happens.

This time of the year comes, and the end of the school year is very near. Mere weeks lie between the present moment and that blissful day when you tell the students, "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" and off they go, and off you go, on summer vacation.

I find, as the sun has sprung back, plants are growing, summer's heat is just around the corner, that I begin dreaming about the next school year and how I will teach differently, change the labs we will do, alter the order of the concepts we'll study, focus on different strategies to teach what I want to teach them....I spend so much time right about now daydreaming about next year and how it will be different and better.

I guess this is when you know that you love your job? That despite all the issues of this year and how hard it has been, I love working with students and teaching science.

So. There you go.

What is Science?

How to Write a Story by Kurt Vonnegut 

Diver Ed --- learning and teaching is not restricted to a classroom! How about a boat?


No comments:

Post a Comment